Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Goals and Things Desired To Do For The Fall

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world."
--Gandhi


In no particular order here they are

- Swim 1 time a week

- Bike 2 times a week

- Run 3 times a week

- Strength train 2 times a week

- Yoga at least 1 time a week

- Learn to meditate

- Read 1 book a month

- Find a good study spot

- Continue to eat healthy during school

- Be a better GF

- Schedule me time

- Have a dinner party

- "Just Start Over"

- Stand up for myself

- Use less plastic

- Strengthen views

- Always have a positive outlook on life

- Talk positive about people

- Simplify life

- Ecofy

3 Promises
1) Get a compost bucket
2) Get Airators and low flow shower head
3) Carbon offsetting


- Honesty and Integrity

- Learn bliss

Now I came to this idea of bliss because in Sanskrit, which is the great spiritual language of the world, there are three terms that represent the brink, the jumping-off place to the ocean of transcendence: sat-chit-ananda. The word "sat" means being. "Chit" means consciousness. "Ananda" means bliss or rapture. I thought, "I don't know whether my consciousness is proper consciousness or not; I don't know whether what I know of my being is my proper being or not; but I do know what my rapture is. So let me hang on to rapture, and that will bring me both my consciousness and my being." I think it worked.

Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth


- Journal more often

- Drive less

No comments:

Post a Comment