Monday, August 20, 2012
Friday, August 17, 2012
|A completely random picture of my beloved Flatirons taken with my dream camera|
As it has been a few months, well actually a lot, since I last did one of these posts I think I will do a check in with my goals for the year.
- Get down to 125 lbs
- Loosing weight is so incredibly hard for me. I have given up paying attention to a number on the scale
and have been focusing on eating healthy and staying active.
- Write at least one non-phot blog post a week
- Yup this one is very obviously not happening as there is rarely new content. I am planning on changing
this now that I am done with my master's degree and am on the hunt for a job.
- Finish my reading plan for the bible
- This has been put on hold as I do some thinking about what I believe.
- Learn to listen to my gut
- I have been so much better at this than I was last year. I may not always change my current course, but
I have been stopping and trying to figure out what my gut is telling me.
- Get a website and blog up and running
- This has been slow. I have both done, but have yet to launch them. I am a little afraid of what the effect
might be. I have been using the excuse that J needs to help me with coding.
- Put together a portfolio
- I have the pictures printed, so now I just need to buy something to put them in.
- Get a big girl job
- I have been putting in about 2 applications a month with no bites. Now that I am done with school I am
going to be putting all my time toward finding a job.
- SUCCESS. My fastest time so far has been 32:10.
- Go on a 50 mile bike ride
- I are still working on this.
- I have decided that running 2 - 3 times a week is enough foot moving to count.
30 By 30
- Done. I bought it in February and have been doing lots of playing and learning.
15. Read 4 classic books
- pride and prejudice
- Jane Eyre
- Anne of Green Gables
18. Make my own hard cider
- If I can find a place to get a lot of apples and find the money to buy the equipment this will happen in
20. Become and amazing telli skier
- I'm calling this a success, but the true test will come in late November and December when we head
back out onto the slopes.
25. Volunteer 100 hours for a cause that is in line with my beliefs
- I have been volunteering at the Women's Wilderness Institute, but I have not been keeping track of my
26. Climb 6 14ners - We are planning on climbing Longs peak in about a week so I will be able to check
that off, but I doubt any more will be climbed this year.
- Longs peak
- Mt. Evans
- Mt. Bierstadt
- Mt. Elbert
27. Get over my fear of falling
- Never went climbing so I haven't had the chance to work on this.
28. Volunteer for a race
- I have volunteered for one of the Dash N Dines so I could do another for free and I also volunteered
for the MS 150 Bike ride.
So it is the 17th of August and I am just now getting to the point of setting my goals for the month. I am thinking the list will be short.
- Write one blog post a week. I would like to have my wedding post up by the end of the month.
- Finish putting my portfolio together
- Go on a 50 mile bike ride. I would like to do this on Sunday.
- Climb Long's peak. We are planning on doing it next weekend.
Thursday, August 16, 2012
|Coming out of the water at the Southern Hills Triathlon 2012|
I love racing. I first discovered my love of racing when I joined my high school swim team. I loved standing on the blocks sizing up my competition, waiting for the gun to go off, diving in, taking a quick peak to see where everyone else was compared to me. After I quite swimming I really missed those times. Some point during college I discovered triathlons. It wasn't until the year after I finished by undergrad that I got balls to finally sign up for one.
|Finally finishing the Southern Hills Triathlon|
Fast forward to this summer, a year later, and I am living in the home of triathlons. If I wanted to I could probably do a triathlon every weekend during the summer and have to drive less than 5 miles. This summer I have done two weekly race series. I started with the Dash N Dine a Tuesday night 5k followed by yummy food. I competed in the last 3 and got to race with some of the best runners out there, think 15 minute 5K. The next series was the Stroke and Stride, an aquathon. Every Thursday I have been swimming a 750 in the Boulder Reservoir and then running a 5k. I have been struggling with this race every week, until tonight. I finally had a good swim and run.
For the first time ever I ran the entire 5k. No walking for me. Say what. Yup I finally got my brain to shut up and let me run the whole time. I felt an amazing high the whole run. I have finally gotten that excitement from swimming back. I can't wait to attack the Southern Hills Triathlon for a second time in a few weeks.