Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Small Goals for Big Goals - August ????

A completely random picture of my beloved Flatirons taken with my dream camera

As it has been a few months, well actually a lot, since I last did one of these posts I think I will do a check in with my goals for the year.

Personal
- Get down to 125 lbs
      - Loosing weight is so incredibly hard for me. I have given up paying attention to a number on the scale
        and have been focusing on eating healthy and staying active.
- Write at least one non-phot blog post a week
      - Yup this one is very obviously not happening as there is rarely new content. I am planning on changing
         this now that I am done with my master's degree and am on the hunt for a job.
- Finish my reading plan for the bible
      - This has been put on hold as I do some thinking about what I believe.
- Learn to listen to my gut
      - I have been so much better at this than I was last year. I may not always change my current course, but
        I have been stopping and trying to figure out what my gut is telling me.

Professional
- Get a website and blog up and running
      - This has been slow. I have both done, but have yet to launch them. I am a little afraid of what the effect
         might be. I have been using the excuse that J needs to help me with coding.
- Put together a portfolio
      - I have the pictures printed, so now I just need to buy something to put them in.
- Get a big girl job
      - I have been putting in about 2 applications a month with no bites. Now that I am done with school I am
        going to be putting all my time toward finding a job.

Fitness
- Run a 5k in under 35 minutes
      - SUCCESS. My fastest time so far has been 32:10.
- Go on a 50 mile bike ride
      - I are still working on this.
- Hike at least once a week and once a month with Jason 
      - I have decided that running 2 - 3 times a week is enough foot moving to count.

30 By 30
6. Get my dream camera 
      - Done. I bought it in February and have been doing lots of playing and learning.
15. Read 4 classic books
      - pride and prejudice
      - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
      - Jane Eyre
      - Anne of Green Gables
18. Make my own hard cider
      - If I can find a place to get a lot of apples and find the money to buy the equipment this will happen in
        October.
20. Become and amazing telli skier
      - I'm calling this a success, but the true test will come in late November and December when we head
        back out onto the slopes.
25. Volunteer 100 hours for a cause that is in line with my beliefs
      - I have been volunteering at the Women's Wilderness Institute, but I have not been keeping track of my
        hours.
26. Climb 6 14ners - We are planning on climbing Longs peak in about a week so I will be able to check
                                 that off, but I doubt any more will be climbed this year.
      - Longs peak
      - Mt. Evans
      - Mt. Bierstadt
      - Greys
      - Torries
      - Mt. Elbert
27. Get over my fear of falling
      - Never went climbing so I haven't had the chance to work on this.
28. Volunteer for a race
      - I have volunteered for one of the Dash N Dines so I could do another for free and I also volunteered
        for the MS 150 Bike ride.

So it is the 17th of August and I am just now getting to the point of setting my goals for the month. I am thinking the list will be short.

- Write one blog post a week. I would like to have my wedding post up by the end of the month.
- Finish putting my portfolio together
- Go on a 50 mile bike ride. I would like to do this on Sunday.
- Climb Long's peak. We are planning on doing it next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment