Pages

Friday, March 2, 2012

Small Goals for Big Goals - March

The highlight for the month of February was getting my DSLR camera and getting to take it to Steamboat. I found the health and fitness goals the hardest to achieve. This is something that I have struggled with since I started college. I am trying to get back on track with my daily schedule and hoping this will help me with sticking to them.

Looking back at February:
Life
- Get down to 151lbs
   - Didn't get there. 
- Write a minimum of 4 non-photo blog posts 
     - With this post I have met this goal. One of my posts was about the first part of my honeymoon. I    
       have been trying to write this post since July. It feel good to get it done. 
- Read Proverbs
   - I am still working on this. There are 30 chapters and I have read 14. 
- Read 30 chapters from Psalms
   - I read 14. I plan on getting caught up on these readings this month.

Professional
- Get my photo blog up and running
   - This was an exciting step toward a future goal. When I get more done on it I will post the link.
- Do research on portfolio's
   - I think this will be an on-going research item as I grow my business.
- Write up a generic cover letter
   - It still needs a few improvements and I am thinking that a generic cover letter cannot be written. 
- Make a list of companies to apply to
   - This is something I am still putting off. I seem to have a fear of looking for a big kid job. 

Fitness
- Get my run's up to an hour 
     - My longest run was 40 minutes and most of that was actually walked. Between the weather and 
       my favorite trail being closed due to mud I did not get out as much as I would have liked to. 
- Go on a 10 mile bike ride
   - Wind oh the wind. It has been so windy (90 mph at the high end) that the thought of even biking 
     around town has gone from my thoughts. Next month. 
- Go on 4 hikes and make sure one of them is with Jason
   - I made it on 3 on my own. We were going to go on a hike yesterday, but decided that we wanted   
     to visit some family instead. 

30 By 30
- Buy my camera and necessary accessories
  - I BOUGHT MY CAMERA!!!!! I still need to hit purchase on amazon for my accessories. 
- Sell my car
   - We are going to wait until March or April to sell my car. 
- Read Pride and Prejudice
  - School got in the way so I did not get much reading done outside of textbooks. 
- Continue to challenge myself to be better skier
   - I have been a rockstar at challenging myself. Last year I would have avoided most blacks and  
     tree runs. In February I went down blacks, through trees, and made an attempt at the Christmas 
     Tree's in Steamboat. 
- Determine what company I want to volunteer for
    - I have decided to volunteer for The Women's Wilderness Institute. When I was in 7th grade my 
     dad signed me up for their rock climbing class and it has since been a never to forget memory. I 
     have always wanted to do something with this group again and I think this is my chance.  
- Find a race that I want to volunteer for and apply
   - I want to volunteer for the Mt. Evans Hill Climb. I still need to talk to Jason about it and put in 
     my application.


Looking forward to March:

Life
- Get down to 151lbs
Write a minimum of 4 non-photo blog posts 
- Read the books of Proverbs and John
- Read to chapter 45 in the Book of Psalms
- Listen to my gut instincts 

Professional
- Make a list of companies to apply to
- Buy a domain name
- Take pictures for a landscapes portfolio

Fitness
- Get my run's up to an hour  
- Go on a 10 mile bike ride
- Go on 4 hikes and make sure one of them is with Jason

30 By 30
- Sell my car
- Read Pride and Prejudice
- Continue to challenge myself to be better skier and finish the season out strong
- Apply to volunteer for the Mt. Evans Hill Climb

No comments:

Post a Comment